Why Should I Refer?
Your patients deserve a chance to make the best choice when it comes to their problems with obesity with a Behavior Management Program. MyPhoneCoach is not a weight loss program, but the critical step before your patients begin a fitness or weight loss program.
Obesity is the fastest growing health care cost driver around the world and it has a profound impact on our health care spending. The medical providers we work with, desperately want to treat obesity but often lack the time, training and funding to do so successfully.
As a Behavior Management Referring Professional, you simply refer your patients to the coaching experts at MyPhoneCoach. We handle and provide the support as well as keep you apprised along the way.
Our plan opens the path that promotes a healthier lifestyle and supports a foundation to enable your patients to make the best choices possible and ultimately enjoy sustained weight loss. Our evidence-based curriculum is an easy-to-use, live group coaching with web-based support tools that give patients access to video and written content supporting our weekly lesson plans and the opportunity to journal their progress and challenges along the way.
Best of all, the program is administered completely by MyPhoneCoach, all at no cost to you. Your participation is welcome, but completely up to you. Each Referring Professional will receive an online account which can be used to:
- view your patients’ assessments
- track your patients’ progress
- access evidence-based educational resources and obesity research updates
Your patients will benefit from behavior change management that is safe and effective to support their efforts with weight loss. We practice methods that respect the transtheoretical model of behavior change and it’s six stages of change.
- Pre-contemplation (Not Ready)-“People are not intending to take action in the foreseeable future, and can be unaware that their behavior is problematic”
- Contemplation (Getting Ready)-“People are beginning to recognize that their behavior is problematic, and start to look at the pros and cons of their continued actions”
- Preparation (Ready)-“People are intending to take action in the immediate future, and may begin taking small steps toward behavior change”
- Action – “People have made specific overt modifications in modifying their problem behavior or in acquiring new healthy behaviors”
- Maintenance – “People have been able to sustain action for a while and are working to prevent relapse”
- Termination – “Individuals have zero temptation and they are sure they will not return to their old unhealthy habit as a way of coping”
Who should refer?
- Bariatric Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- General Surgeons
- Plastic Surgeons
- Primary Care Physicians
- Orthopedic Surgeons
To get started, we ask that you register first. Please Register — it just takes a minute — so that we can review your information and provide you with a unique referral code. Need more information first? Just click Contact Us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Your information, as well as your patients’ information, is always kept confidential and never shared or sold. MyPhoneCoach is a HIPPA-supportive organization.